Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sunday 21.6: 2-pood carries

Sunday. 2 x 2-pood kettlebell carries for 1.2 kilometers



It was time to do something in the park on the back yard. The beautiful sunny summer weather was calling me, as well as those two big bastards in the form of 32kg kettlebells. I decided to carry them up and down the park in different styles. Holy grip.



Strongman.
  • 2 x 32kg kettlebell carries
  • 2 rounds of:
  • 200m: 1 kb @ overhead + 1 kb @ farmer's carry
  • 200m: 1 kb @ front rack + 1 kb @ farmer's carry
  • 200m: 2 kb @ farmer's carry
I thought it might be too optimistic to carry one piece overhead but that seemed to work pretty well. I decided to just hit the road with one dead hanging in one arm, and the other pressed overhead. Then I walked for about 100 meters, changed hands and carried them back. The green kettlebell is a bit thicker so it's not that easy to handle that one. On the other hand, that creates more tension in the forearms as it's tougher to carry that. I had the red one overhead and green on farmer's walk position.



On the second round I had the same idea that green was down and the red was this time on front rack position. Same distance and then changed hands. Third version was a traditional farmer's carry as both hands were in dead hang position. I completed this system twice which means I went overhead, front rack and double farmer's carry for another run.



Great way to carry a lot of weight around, and test grip strength and mental capacity. It does not feel good to carry those so it's a good mental battle.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. 2 pood Discount Code

    ReplyDelete