Monday, June 8, 2020

Saturday 6.6: Hang power cleans and Hspu

Saturday. Wod, 10 rounds of: 6 hang power clean @ 70kg, 12 hspu.

This morning I felt much better with my back and I couldn't hold back anymore. It was about time I get my hands on a barbell. I played a bit doing different movements on the warm-up. Squat cleans also felt good but I didn't wanna risk anything on the first time going with the barbell.




Wod.
  • For 10 rounds of:
  • 6 hang power cleans @ 70kg
  • 12 handstand push-ups
I decided the barbell's weight so that it would start feeling heavy'ish but still manageable to complete unbroken. This was rather good weight. I was able to control the barbell throughout the workout. Maybe 75kg would have been perfect for the cleans.

However, then the total burn in my shoulders would probably have mounted a notch too much. I was able to complete all 10 sets of those 12 hspu's unbroken but the last two rounds definitely were a tough effort. I felt good after the wokrout as this felt like a good traditional couplet and made my breathing go heavy.



No comments:

Post a Comment