Monday, June 15, 2020

Saturday 13.6: Double 2-pood KB's, Bench

Saturday. Double KB hang power cleans 5x10 reps. Bench press 6x5 @ 80kg. Curls

We went to a friends' kids birthday party in the afternoon. It turned out the father of the kid had two extra kettlebells in his warehouse, and thus offered them to me. I can in no way just ignore that kind of an offer so I took them bells back home. The bigger one was 32kg and the smaller 24kg. The latter will find a new home at Toni's place. But now I have 2 x 32kg kettlebells so let's see how this gonna look like.




Kettlebells.
  • 5 sets of 10 reps:
  • 2 x 32kg hang power cleans
I figured cleaning one 2-pood bell is not that bad so how could it be an issue to throw around two of those at the same time. Well, it did. Those boys are heavy. Total of 64kg on a clean is not a miracle on ice kind of performance but when it's in the form of kettlebells it becomes an issue. Plus, they do not look identical. The new bell is thicker which makes it more challenging than the one I have had for an eternity. Cleaning two simultaneously resulted in bruised shoulders as it smashed against my body after every rep.



Strength.
  • Bench press 6 x 5 reps @ 80kg
  • Bicep curls 4 x 10 reps
Afterwards I did some meathead stuff in the form of bench presses and curls. Nothing special. Just knocked down some bench. I've done them a little lately. Mostly because I'm still careful with my back. That has caused me concentrating more on my upper body when it comes to strength work. Not much squats lately.







No comments:

Post a Comment