Sunday, June 21, 2020

Saturday 20.6: Bar muscle-ups

Saturday. Bar muscle-ups x 40 reps

It popped in to my head this morning that bar muscle-ups should be on the table. Very smart as yesterday was a good volume of strict pull-ups, with and without a vest. Well, it's not always the smartest but that needed to be tested. To be honest, I was feeling a bit lazy but still anxious to hit these.



Gymnastics.
  • 40 bar muscle-ups
  • 13 (PR) + 8 + 7 + 6 + 4 + 1+ 1 reps
I knew the volume of pull-ups should by all measures be seen on the bar muscle-ups as well. On the other hand, I felt a bit weak and thought it would be a downer if I'd get something like 8 reps. My dream would be to hit another PR, and maybe, even 12 consecutive reps.

So this was definitely awesome to go up and down for a total of 13 reps. The last rep was a bit chicken wing'ish but the first 12 reps were all good. I've very pleased and proud of this effort. The following sets were also good with 8+7+6 reps. The last set was supposed to be 6 reps to reach a total of 40 reps. But that didn't happed. Juice was all gone and I had to come down. Body just wouldn't cooperate on the last two reps so those went on as singles.


1 comment:

  1. Good training Tommi. Good piece of equipment you have there. If I could just be honest though. That's a good amount of bar muscle-ups no doubt, but the way you swing your legs is kind of cheating in my opinion. Or, to say it another way, making it easier. They should all be done from a stationary hang, with zero assistance from the legs or a swinging motion. No offense meant. Take care Brother.

    ReplyDelete