Monday, June 8, 2020

Tuesday 2.6: Strict pull-ups, ring dips

Tuesday. For 5 rounds of: 15 strict pull-ups and 20 ring dips.

It's a reality that I have done a lot of strict movements lately. The sole reason for this being that my back might have tweaked a bit in some of the sessions even though I never felt that. This has resulted in completing about 300 strict pull-ups in the past week including today's repetitions). That's a lot to me.




Wod.
  • For 5 not for time of:
  • 15 strict pull-ups
  • 20 ring dips
To be honest, I didn't have a plan entering the workout. I just figured hey let's try to knock some pull-ups. It turned out I got 16 of them on the first set. From then on I went on with 15's. They were not unbroken sets but something around 11 reps on average. I'm still happy that during these maybe two weeks that I have concentrated on doing these strict my skills and technique has evolved in such a short time period that I can already see the progress clearly

Same with ring dips. There was a time when this felt extremely heavy, with no exceptions. Lately these have felt much better and much more natural. Today I knocked at least 13-14 reps on first time. Can't remember anymore if it was unbroken or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment