Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday 13.4: Nate, Squat / Kb workout

Sunday. Hero workout Nate, 20min amrap of: 2 muscle-ups, 4 hspu, 8 kb swing (32kg). Result 8rds. Workout, emom for 14min. Odd min 6 back squat (100kg), even min 12 kb swing (32kg).

What a weekend, two hero workouts in two days. Nate has been teasing me for some time because it would be a workout with muscle-ups included. Completed another workout too, inspired by The Champ Mikko Salo who posted his workout on Instagram yesterday. That one included back squats and kb swings with 2-pood bell. Mikko is a CF Games champ from 2009 so I had to modify my workout a little compared to him.


Nate. Result 8 rounds

  • 20 min amrap of:
  • 2 ring muscle-ups
  • 4 handstand push-ups
  • 8 kettlebell swings, 32kg

I'm extremely happy on that Nate was within my reach. I've been working on my muscle-ups the past couple of months since I got the first one in December. For a long time it looked like the progression stays slow and nothing happens. Singles every now and then. Little by little I got them rolling better and the future started looking brighter.


Next development step was to being able to do muscle-ups without false grip. I do both style mu's. Today the workout anticipated lots of reps so I turned to false grip after the first one. The greatest number of ring mu's I've done during one day was 10 reps prior to this day. So I was looking to complete something like 5-6 rounds at most. Those 2 other movements were not gonna be an issue but I thought muscle-ups would turn out too challenging after couple of rounds. Got the muscle-ups done without misses almost completely. Only on one  round I had one miss as my tapes failed me. Okay, maybe an excuse but I lost concentration once those tapes started coming off.


Handstand push-ups were easy, same with the kettlebell swings. I tried to nail those reps right away and then rest for a while to save some energy for the muscle-ups because this workout is definitely mu-oriented. All three movements put pressure on upper body so considering that, I'm even more satisfied how well this one went.


And now there's a starting point from which to improve on. Once I get those mu's rolling better I'll do them unbroken and don't have to rest that much between kb swings and mu's. There was a total of 16 mu's, 32 hspu's and 64 kb swings. I tried to nail one more rep in the last seconds but failed to shoot my head through the rings fast enough. Very happy on the result though!

Recap of Nate


Workout.

  • Every minute on the minute
  • Odd minutes, 6 back squats, 100kg
  • Even minutes, 12 kettlebell swings, 32kg

Mikko completed a workout like this. On the minute, complete 10 back squats (100kg) and 10 kb swings. Then rest for one minute. Total of 10 rounds… That is some heavy shit!!! My version of the workout was also emom but I changed between squats and swings. Thought 6 squats and 12 swings would make the deal. And they certainly did. My focus on the squats was to do them without stopping at any point of the set to catch a breath. Just force the body move back down immediately after coming up.


This was a great end to the training session. The combination of squats and swings made me gasp for air and my legs burn. Excellent training for this Sunday!!!

Recap



3 comments:

  1. Veditkö siis ekalla minuutilla kyykät, tokalla swingit ja sit minuutti lepoa - vai vaan suoraa veivausta ilman taukoa missään välissä?

    Täytyis käydä ostamassa kahvakuula niin pääsis senkin kanssa heilumaan, kovaa touhua!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joka minuutilla tein duunii, parittomilla minuuteilla (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13) vedin takakykää sen 6 reppii ja sit parillisilla minuuteilla (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14) heiluttelin kuulaa. Siihen meni aina se joku 20-30 sekkaa vissiin niin puolisen minee jäi lepiä puolisen minuuttia. Oli muuten jalat soossina tän jälkeen, sen muistan. Hanki ilman muuta kuula, se on todella tehokas vehje ja pystyy himassakin veivaa pihalla huikeet reenit.

    Hankin oman kuulan urheilukiilunen.fi nimisestä mestasta, tuntu olevan halvin mesta. Noi meinaa jonkin verran maksaa. Sit broidi oli bongannut semmosen Saksalaisen mestan kuin strengthshop.de, näyttää edulliselta kamalta. Mä ostan jossain vaiheessa tuolta wall ballin, samalla kun velipoika pistää tilausta sisään

    ReplyDelete