Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tuesday 1.4: 15min amrap

Tuesday. Metcon, 15min amrap of: 10 push-ups, 12 pull-ups, 14 box, 28 du. Result. 420 reps.

There was a threat of having to rest today. We met a friend couple for a theater evening so there was a good time ahead of us. I was able to shut the computer earlier today at work and head my way to the gym for a quick workout. Totally bodyweight. Awesome.



Metcon. Result 420 reps
  • 15min amrap of:
  • 10 push-ups
  • 12 pull-ups
  • 14 box jumps, 61cm
  • 28 double unders
This turned out to be a good one. I've done a lot of box jumps - at least that's my gut feeling - lately. And there's a reason for that. The movement is freaking awesome. Gets your breathing go hard, I get to practice on explosiveness on hip, plus I love the feeling of getting my legs burned.


Push-ups are a weakness of mine so I wanted to get them on the metcon. Decided to keep the number of reps low so I could complete them unbroken. Had no problems with them, might have added more reps easily. But that might have affected my pull-ups, and I wanted to get them done unbroken. The purpose of this metcon was to the breathing going heavy and not stop at any point. I designed the rep scheme for that specific purpose and succeeded in that goal.

Box jumps definitely made my blood flood in the veins fast and legs were burning exactly the way I wanted. Double unders went unbroken except for one set where I had one miss. My body was in a good line all the way from toes to hip to shoulders, that's what I've focused on.


The result of the metcon was 420 reps, that's almost total of 7 rounds, just missed the 28 double unders on the last round. Good workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment