Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wednesday 9.4: Pause squats, deads, ring dips

Wednesday. Strength, back squats with a pause 3-3-3-3-3 (max 125kg). Workout, 4rnft: 4 deadlift (160kg), 10 ring dips.

My legs have taken some pressure in the past days but I had a good feeling of going for pause squats. It's been a while since I've done them so it was cool to do some sets. Then on the other hand, it's been a while since doing heavier deadlifts so I did couple of lifts combined with ring dips.


Strength.

  • Back squats with a pause
  • 3-3-3-3-3 (100, 110, 120, 125, 125kg)
Some time ago I did way more of these type of squats, maybe in January, I guess. There's something in pause squats, love 'em. It's somehow brutal as you have to sit in the bottom for a while and then start making your way up from nothing. Obviously the weights are smaller than on regular squats. I feel like these really create strength in hamstrings and are a good variation to regular squat days.

I think the heaviest weights I've done this far have been a triple @ 120kg. Today that set felt "easy" and I was able to add 5kg on the bar. Well okay, it wasn't the same as with 80kg but it came up nicely. Felt confident on 'em. Had a friend to spot me on the last two sets because they were the heaviest pause squats I've done. It was freaking awesome to hit those 125kg sets. Those were tough!



Workout.

  • 4 rounds not for time:
  • 4 deadlift, 160kg
  • 10 ring dips

This was not a traditional metcon workout. My breathing wasn't heavy. I didn't give that much slack but still it wasn't running between stations. After having taking some lighter deadlifts I started taking 4 deadlifts at 160kg, followed by 10 unbroken strict ring dips.

Tuesday's 10k row intervals had it's influence on my hands. My fingers feel kind of sensitive from the palm-side. So it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do deadlifts today. Once I got the idea of deadlifting, it was impossible to turn that thought around. It hurt like hell in my grip strength. Back and hamstrings were okay and there was juice in the tank.

This was easier day for sure. Good set of squats and some heavier deadlifts after a while. I also got some ring dips involved that I consider a weakness. Those felt good today.


No comments:

Post a Comment