Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday 7.11: Squats, C2B, Box, Run

Friday. Barbell, back squat (max 135kg). Metcon, 5rds of: 8 c2b, 16 box, 400m run. Time 10.40.

We had a great surprise at work as we nailed one competition and got rewarded for a surprise party during the day. One of Finland's most famous celebrity chefs Hans Välimäki came to our work place and prepared us a 6-dish lunch in a gourmet style. We had a blast with Toni and enjoyed every crunch of his delicacies. In the afternoon I went squatting some and then hit a great metcon to seal the deal!

Lamb, freaking delicious!

Strength.

  • Back squat, 3x90, 3x105, 4x120, 1x135, 5x120, 5x120kg

This was fourth day of squatting in 6 days so no wonder my legs were worn out. I've had to squat more because my wrist has given me headaches in the past week. The x-rays didn't bring any comfort in the mental side as there seemed to be nothing wrong. However, it's been feeling better today. It still hurts so that barbell work is pretty much out of question. I'd like to do cleans / snatches already but that wouldn't be the smartest thing.


Squatting felt good until a certain point. Those 120kg reps in the beginning felt good. Then, all of a sudden 135kg load was too much to handle. I was supposed to nail a triple with that weight but I was able to go for a single. That was strange. My legs weren't ready for this heavy stuff. I took 2 sets at 120kg after this.


Metcon. Time, 10.40

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 8 chest-to-bar pull-ups
  • 16 box jump, 61cm
  • 400m run (15km/h)

I needed to get more pull-ups done. These have been on the back of my head lately and I've increased the amount of them in my workouts. Today it was time for chest-to-bars. I'm very happy I got them done just like that without any issues, unbroken all the way. Then I doubled the amount to 16 reps on the box jumps. Got them done ub as well, they got me breathing heavy but it was manageable all the time. I like the combination of pull-ups and box jumps, in any possible way. It makes a good workout any day. I asked Joni for a third element in the metcon and it turned out to be running.


I had 250m in my mind but Joni converted it into 400m which was a good call. It brought more burden and especially in a treadmill where it takes some time to reach full speed. I set the speed at 15km/h all the time until the last 200m in the last round when Joni came to adjust it to 16km/h. He was a good booster today!


I'm very pleased on the round times. First round 2:42, then the 3 next rounds were around 2.55 and the last round was the fastest of them all. Running a bit faster had its effect in the end. I tried to minimize the transitions between movements to keep the pace legit throughout the workout. What I had in my mind was intensity. I got that.






No comments:

Post a Comment