Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tuesday 11.11: Row intervals, Du's, T2b's

Tuesday. Row intervals 8x400m with 2min rest between sets. Accessory work, 5rds: 40 du's, 20 t2b, not for time.

Rowing trend continues, this time with pure intervals. Concept2 is a terrific machine, bad ass gear and enables athletes to build huge engines. Afterwards I did some extra with double unders and toes-to-bar. No barbell today. I miss cleans and jerks big time!



Interval work.
  • Row 8x400m
  • 2min rest between sets
  • Additional 2min rest in the middle
It's been a long time since doing this type of intervals on the rower. It was cruel, can't argue about it. I gave it my all, especially in the first 4 sets. My times were consistently at around 1.17 in the first half. There were some demand on the rower by one of my training pals so I took an extra 2min pause in the middle of the intervals so he could work his magic too. But I'm telling you that was very warmly welcomed.

I put my heart into this one in the first half and got my legs jello. The last 200m were the toughest in these sprints. My pace was somewhere around 1.36 which means to say I threw pretty much all in. Can't pull much harder than that. At this point my legs were done.

Okay, I got my breathing and lungs back in no time but the burn in legs was beyond words. It was difficult to get full recovery so it was kinda stiff from here on, for the remaining 4 sets. It also got to my head that tomorrow's another squat session ahead of me and there should be something in the tank then as well. Pace slowed down to 1.40



Accessory.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 40 double unders
  • 20 toes-to-bar
This was not for time at all. And it wasn't a metcon style effort by any means. I wanted to concentrate on both without rushing through. Got the double unders unbroken except for one mistake in the second round. Felt good on these. Better towards the end.

T2b's went unbroken for 2 rounds. Then I had to start cutting them. It burned my core so that I had to drop down from the pull-up bar in the third round. It was probably something like 12-8 on the 3rd round. Then on the 4th it was done in 4 sets and the last was 5 sets.

Those row intervals were great, no doubt!




No comments:

Post a Comment