Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sunday 30.11: Shoulder-to-overhead

Sunday. Shoulder press 1-1-1 (max 70kg), push press 3-3-3 (max 80kg), push jerk 5-5-5 (max 80kg). Technique, pause push jerk 3x3 (60kg). Technique, snatch.

It was great to get back in business! After 3 days of laziness (okay, I was sick but anyway) my head was in tilt of not getting any sports done. My system screams for it on a daily basis and I'm definitely not the best of me if I can't get to work on my health and fitness. I started my comeback with classical shoulder strength workout. Plus then worked on some technical issues.


Barbell.




  • Shoulder press 1-1-1 (60, 65, 70kg)
  • Push press 3-3-3 (70, 75, 80kg)
  • Push jerk 5-5-5 (70, 75, 80kg)
  • Pause push jerk 3-3-3 (60, 60, 60kg)
  • Technique, snatch with all variations
Yesterday was Pauliina's graduation party. We had some friends and family at our house to celebrate this woman's long journey in the university. I'm very proud of how she managed to warp it up with good grades, job very well done! Pauliina and her mother had put some fancy stuff on the table and me and Kari went to pick up 2 christmas trees for their house in Klaukkala. It's November and they already have the yard full of christmas stuff, awesome! =)


I had planned on the weights way before I touched on the barbell. Definitely wasn't shooting to max the load after two days of not feeling the best of me. Had to stay away from work on Thursday and Friday, then on Saturday I was feeling okay again. Wanted to go for a little jog in the woods but my better half prevented me not to. Good call baby, thanks for that. Shoulder press today felt good, haven't done those in ages, and I guess I've done 70kg presses maybe 3 times in my life. So considering that it felt great!

Push press was also consistent with all weights thrown around. It felt like the bar was in my control all the way. I was able to go touch'n'go u to 75kg but then at 80kg had to stop it in the front rack position after each rep.

On the push jerk 70kg bar was light. Felt like I could have continued forever. That was a positive signal and boosted my confidence levels. Next set was at 75kg. Bar was tolerable, definitely not too heavy, was able to move it t'n'g style also this time. On the 4th rep I lost balance on the bar a little, it kinda fell back a little so I had to save it and finish the last rep.



At the 80kg bar it felt a little wobbly on some reps. It tends to get a little more shaky at heavier weights and feels like mobility holds me back a little, especially on push jerk. When I split jerk this kind of weights, I feel steady and stable in overhead position. But having my feet rather close together and hands overhead there's something in upper back that restricts the perfect motion.

Recap

Afterwards I took couple of sets pause push jerk at 60kg just to work on the "getting under barbell" part faster. This was success. Plus lots of snatch related technique work with empty barbell.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for great graduation party and for joining me to pick up the Christmas trees :) Looks Like You are back in business!

    ReplyDelete