Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thursday 20.11: Shoulder-to-overhead

Thursday. S2O, triples (max 90kg). Metcon, 3rds of: 2min amrap of push press (60kg), 2min rest. Result, 57 reps.

Earlier this week I felt like it would be time for a day off. However, today I felt actually great in my body, and my legs had also recovered well. It's like my legs have been put to a real test. They are taking a hit on a daily basis so it's been tough times for them. Now I feel great and it was a session focusing primarily on shoulder strength.



Barbell.
  • 40kg: 3 shoulder press, 3 push press, 3 push jerk, 3 push jerk behind the neck
  • 50kg: 3 shoulder press, 3 push press, 3 push jerk, 3 push jerk behind the neck
  • 60kg: 3 push press, 3 push jerk
  • 70kg: 3 push press, 3 push jerk
  • 75kg: 3 push press, 3 push jerk
  • 80kg: 3 push press
  • 85kg: 3 split jerk
  • 90kg: 3 split jerk
My intention was to build it up to a heavy triple. There were a lot of eagerness in the beginning so I did some complex stuff. Different styles of getting the bar from rack position to overhead. Mostly from front rack but some behind the neck (btn) too. Gradually I built it up to 90kg for a split jerk triple.

It's freaking awesome to being able to do things again without having to think about them too much. There's no pain in my wrist but I'm not going to try hspu's and push-ups just yet. Their time will come still. Lightest weights went up as shoulder presses too, that was one heck of a complex pushing / jerking the barbell up several times in a row.

At 60kg I dropped shoulder press and behind the neck jerks from my workouts. Decided it's gonna be more efficient this way. It's quite common for me to find it a little shaky on the heavier push jerks. Today my focus was on getting below to really move faster. Don't know how that turned out though =)

Recap


Metcon. Result, 57 reps
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 2 min amrap of push press, 60kg
  • 2min rest
This is great. I've done this similar way before just to work on muscle-endurance. This is stolen from the Champ himself. I'm happy I once saw the workout. This time m shoulders were not in perfect condition towards the end tof 3 of all lifts started to feel heavy. There was not doubt at any given moment of the workout whether I would complete the reps or not.



My result was probably something like 23 - 18 - 16. So from the first round it dropped each round but I was more interested in burning my shoulders, having good intensity and enjoying my time.



No comments:

Post a Comment