Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday 22.11: Squats, Snatch, Fran

Saturday. Squats (max 135kg). Snatch (max 45kg). Bechmark workout Fran, time 4.20.

This was one of those days when nothing seems to go my way. Shortly put, squats felt heavy, snatches felt a little off and Fran took all my energy and I simply sucked at it. Yesterday was rest day so I had a bit higher hopes for making success today but that wasn't the case. After sinking in this misery for a moment I drove home and thought about things. After all, I'm very happy on the level of fitness I've been able to create in the past 2 years. Can't let a shitty training day ruin that fact.



Barbell.
  • Back squat, 3x90, 105, 120, 2x135, 5x130kg
  • Squat snatch, 3x30, 40, 45kg
To be honest I was looking to hit 5x5 at 135kg in the end after warming up. Don't know why but my body wasn't warm at any point even though warm-up was more than enough. First set of 135kg was brutally heavy and I only took 2 reps, then racked it as I reckoned it's too much to handle for a 5. Dropped down just 5kg and finished 5 reps. I could have continued with that weight further on but the feeling was weird. I felt weak.

Decided to work on squat snatches for a while. Just light weight, taking one rep at a time, between 30-45kg. My timing on catching the barbell was a little off. I'd like to see me catch the bar on my way down, and then hitting rock bottom squat position just like in squat clean where it feels very natural. There was something I liked in the reps though. I'm gonna make it work in the long run.



Fran. Time, 4.20
  • 21-15-19
  • Thruster, 42.5kg
  • Pull-up
I took this on the spur of the moment. This lady is one I'll try to avoid =) It makes my lungs burn so much afterwards it makes me sick already on the thought. Now after having done this about 7 hours ago, I'm still coughing and sneezing constantly and it feels like I'm gonna get sick. I ain't but that's always the feeling after Fran. It really tests the entire system in my body.


This time I probably started off too hastily. I should have kept a longer pause after thrusters. The wall hit me way too early. Last times I remember going unbroken on thrusters every round and then cutting it maybe in 2 sets on the round of 15's and something similar in the last round. Going too fast in the beginning brought a stop that was difficult to overcome. Gotta have better tactic on benchmarks. Thrusters must be unbroken because you lose too much time in picking up the barbell. Preferably pull-ups also ub if possible. If you gotta break something up, it had better be pull-ups. It's faster to get back on the pull-up bar.

I had to break the thrusters up on the round of 15's (9-6 reps). On pull-ups I came down at 15 reps on the first round. Should never happen. That's nothing. On the second round it was even more difficult. I thought about making it 5-5-5 but couldn't nail that. Anyway, it was a battle all the way and I'm happy I got through this one. Next time I'll plan my rest periods better in order to being able to go unbroken on the sets.





1 comment:

  1. Oh, I forgot to put the time in the post :) It was 4.20 on Fran

    ReplyDelete