Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thursday 6.11: Row 12min, Annie

Thursday. Row, 12min. Result, 3.220m. Benchmark workout Annie, 50-40-30-20-10 of: double unders and sit-ups. Time 6.03 (PR).

Had to go to see a doctor today due to my wrist. Okay, it felt a little better this morning as I woke up but still there's something wrong I suppose. At least right wrist is bigger than the left one so it looks awkward. Went to get the x-rays and now I'll wait for doc's statement tomorrow. I had a wrist support on my hand and it didn't bother me at all. Maybe this is just something minor stuff. Anyway, to take the burden off I went for rowing and benchmark lady Annie.



Row.
  • 12min as far as possible
  • Result, 3.220m
I've sat on the rower more lately than before. Not huge distances but the occasions have been more frequent. It's an awesome machine to say the least. For building engine it's number one element. Today I was open minded when I sat down and started pulling. I tried to keep a steady pace throughout the session. It was not easy at any point. It fatigued me a little more than normally but I'm happy on the distance I reached.




Annie. Time, 6.03 (PR). Compare to 22.10.2013
  • 50-40-30-20-10 of:
  • Double unders
  • Sit-ups
It's been over a year since previous Annie. This was an easy call so I hit it with pretty much max effort. Double unders were as light as they could be. Went easily unbroken all sets. They got heart beating faster but because sit-ups don't get my heart rate up that much it stayed controlled all the way.

This was probably also the first time of regular sit-ups since previous Annie =) I do t2b's for core work and of course all strength movements and basically all elements of crossfit tend to develop core strength big time. Sit-ups also unbroken every round. I had my feet anchored during these reps. After Annie I tried some "around the world's" though, just for fun, inspired by Camille Leblanc-Bazinet and Kenneth Leverich. I saw them knock those on pull-up bar and decided to do couple of tens of those. Tough stuff for core.

It was a good workout to hit today. Got some adrenaline going and it didn't put any extra pressure on my hand. I'm satisfied on this training day as a whole.




No comments:

Post a Comment