Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday 7.6: Front squat, DU, K2E

Friday. Front squat 3-3-3-3-3 (max 110kg). Metcon of double unders and knees-to-elbows.

Today I rattled through front squat strength training and some skills / metcon training afterwards. Double unders that I haven't been doing much lately, the other movement being knees-to-elbows on which I think I always need to become better at. Can't practice those too much. In the evening I met with some colleagues and went for a dinner.



Strength. Front squat 3-3-3-3-3 (100, 110, 110, 110, 110kg). Today's sets were triples, starting from hundred and I thought going up, to somewhere around 120-125kg. But the first set of 110kg felt heavy and my sole goal was to do heavy sets of 3 reps, I didn't want to risk my triples so I stayed there for the rest of the sets. That's 4 sets with 110kg. Depth and form was good and I nailed all those sets nicely. However, going further would have brought troubles and I probably could have done some singles or doubles but definitely wasn't my strongest front squat day.

Metcon. For quality.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 40 double unders
  • 15 knees-to-elbows
This one was not for time. I didn't warm-up with the jump rope practically at all, just started jumping those double unders. I did these sets mostly in two parts, 20+20 or 25+15 reps. On the last set I tried to do all unbroken, stumbled on the 39th rep, doup! Knees-to-elbows always seem easy in the beginning and nightmarish in the end =) Today I did the first set unbroken, the second in 10+5 and the last 3 sets in 3 parts. It's a tough movement to do high-rep metcons. There were a total of 200 double unders and 75 K2E's.

Some meat for the boys

No comments:

Post a Comment