Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday 10.6: Back squats, pistols, dips

Monday. Back squats 5-5-5-3-1 (max 130kg). Workout, pistols and dips.

I was thinking about thrusters and pull-ups for today (not Fran!) but my right shoulder was a bit too sore from yesterday's muscle-up training. So I switched some days in this week's calendar and decided to squat instead. Back squats and then workout of 2 movements that I consider a skill as well: pistols and dips.

Ring dips

Strength. Back squats 5-5-5-3-1 (100, 115, 122.5, 125, 130kg). Did some 5's to start with. After 122.5kg I took a triple with 125kg and wanted to push 130kg up once. I was thinking to take another single with 130 or heavier but decided to skip it today. I had some pistols ahead of me so I knew my legs would hurt anyway. I felt good squatting today even though the digits were not huge. I felt comfortable with the weight in my back.

Back squat 3 x 125kg

Workout. For quality.

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 pistols, alternating legs
  • 10 ring dips / rack dips, then
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 10 biceps
  • 10 rack dips

Main idea was to do 10 pistols and 10 ring dips for 5 rounds. There was one dude that needed the rings as well so at some point I switched to rack dips instead of rings. After those pre-determined 5 rounds I decided to take 3 additional rounds with some ancillary movements (biceps) and yet rack dips. Thus, I was able to work on my weakness, the arms, biceps and triceps. Quite a number of dips today, a bit over 80 dips (I did some extras when doing rack dips 'cause they are easier than rings). Also, those 60 pistols made my quads hurt already at the gym.

Pistol squat

Toni's workouts.





2 comments:

  1. I also did: EMOM (4 power clean) 12 minute. It felt very good to do some heavy lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to hear that man! So you enjoyed your travel gym I guess =) And hey, good job with the deadlifts, you've become fitter

    ReplyDelete