Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday 19.6: Hero wod Loredo

Wedneday. Hero workout Loredo. Time 22.49.

Today was the day of the week when I met my friend Marko to work outdoors. Pirkkola is the classic venue for our war field. As usual, we integrated running with bodyweight movements to get the sweat flooding and the heart pumping. My training partner worked hard today and I'm sure his overall fitness jumped forward due to Loredo. My legs are still incredibly sore and I did a lot of mobility today during work day as well. I had some petanque balls at my office so I placed them between my hamstrings and the office chair to cause positive pain in my legs and thus ease the tension there.



Loredo. Time 22.49

  • 6 rounds of:
  • 24 squats
  • 24 push-ups
  • 24 lunges
  • 400m run


There's a total of 144 reps each bodyweight movement accompanied with 2.4km run, for time. A lot of leg work. Today I'll have to repeat yesterday's cold / hot treatment in the shower to get the fluids running in my legs. I don't quite know what's the hardest part of this workout. It was a steady performance and legs were burning. Yeah, but still it was totally manageable. The amount of reps per round was not huge so they were also moderate in difficulty level as well.



I was afraid of the push-ups in advance, thinking about the number of total reps to be completed. But, I performed well with them. 3 rounds unbroken, then 16+8, and on the last 2 rounds 14+5+5, with just a 5sec rest between sets. The lunges were burning my legs the most. Luckily there were only 24 of them per round. Going for 50m would have been very tough. On the running I also consider maintaining a pretty steady pace throughout the workout. Below you'll see my round times.


Round times

  1. 03:15
  2. 03:34
  3. 03:53
  4. 04:08
  5. 04:11
  6. 03:49
My strategy was not to gas myself out early in the workout. Remembering all metcons with running and bodyweight moves combined, the first feeling I have that once you rush in the start, you'll be too exhausted in the finish. By maintaining a steady performance, you'll usually achieve a better result. Well, go figure. This was my strategy today and I enjoyed this workout.





Toni's workout. Grace. Time 4.50

  • Benchmark wod Grace
  • 30 reps for time
  • Clean & jerk, 60kg

This guy went for Grace. It's been a while since he's done it. I found his Grace from last December. However, it was with 50kg, time was 4.04. Don't know if he's done it since then with rx'd weights. I believe he has but I need some confirmation. How is it Pony?

Third clip from Dusty Hyland & Virtuosity: "Shoulder taps". Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. This was my first time with 60 kg. I'm not happy about the time. I had to stop few times because there where so many people working out next to me but otherwise it was ok.That 60 kg felt "light".

    I also did some holds, dips, and push ups (max rep 38 :). I love push ups...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Constantly varied... Not ;)

    Hey man, compare that time to your previous one which you carried out with 50kg. Not bad at all

    ReplyDelete