Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday 6.6: Diane, dips

Thursday. Benchmark workout Diane. Time 16.02. Dips, 4x15.

Second benchmark wod in two days. It was time to improve my Diane time 'cause I've been doing some invert training after the last try. I still need A LOT of practice with handstand push-ups and strengthen my shoulder / triceps section.


Diane. Time 16.02
  • 21-15-9
  • Deadlift, 102.5kg
  • Handstand push-ups
Diane is not an easy woman to handle for me. Deadlifts are light, okay with that but that the hspu's are tough with so large amount of reps in a row. I remember doing workouts like Mary with 5 reps per round and I've been able to hit them unbroken from beginning to the end. But completing 21 reps without doing something in between is sick. This is a workout that definitely reveals my weakness. The deadlifts were a rest to me. This workout is only about handstand push-ups, how fast can I complete 45 of them.

I started to feel the tension in my upper body already in the first round. The set of 15 was very tough and the last set was a mental battle. The finish was in the horizon so I was able to improve a bit compared to the middle round.

My total time improved a bit over one and a half minutes: 17.47 -> 16.02. Not bad. I'm gonna improve on my handstand push-ups and handstand walk this summer a great deal and later this year I'm gonna complete Diane with style.

Meathead section.
  • 50 Push-ups
  • 4 x 10 biceps
  • 4 x 15 rack dips
In order to improve my upper body strength, I did some ancillary movements, basically biceps and triceps. Those push-ups I did with narrow grip to focus as much pressure on my triceps as possible. I did 3/4 sets unbroken with the rack dips.

Here's a Talayna Fortunato's recent workout. I envy those HSPU's!



P.S. Miss you Benny…



No comments:

Post a Comment