Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday 8.6: Cleans

Saturday. Ring muscle-up training. Cleans 3-3-3-2-2-1-1 (max PR 95kg).

Today's program was simple. Put your PR shirt on, try to get that first ring muscle-up and complete a new record in cleans. Muscle-ups are still waiting for the daylight, clean pr: check! Later today I'll attend a friend's wedding ceremony to celebrate his great day.


The groom =)

Ring muscle-ups. These bastards still beat me. I'm comfortable doing bar muscle-ups, I don't remember an attempt of not completing them after I got my first successful rep. There were 14 of them in the end of last month. However, the movement is a bit more challenging - at least it now feels like it - with the rings as they are swinging around. I can not get that needed help from my leg work currently. I'm confident that as I get the first rep, I realize some stuff in a similar was as with the bar muscle-ups.


Strength. Cleans 3-3-3-2-2-1-1 (70, 75, 80, 85, 90, PR 95kg, 97.5f). I decided on the rep scheme and weights before I opened the gym door. Do triples to start with, then move on to heavy doubles (85/90kg) and go for new PR right after that. I managed to stay with the plan perfectly. That last attempt was kind of a hope to increase the record even more.

Last month was golden time for my cleans. I practiced it a lot, many times, a lot of reps. I believe I've got my technique forward greatly. And squat cleans feel so natural nowadays. The triples up to 80kg didn't feel bad at all. From 85kg on the weights were feeling heavy. I took a double with 85 and with 90kg I took it up twice, had to drop the barbell between those 2 reps.

Clean x 3, 80kg

I skipped the previous record of 92.5kg 'cause I felt the 90kg came up rather easy anyway. I put 5kg more kilos on the barbell and decided to go with the 95kg bar. Got it up, take a look below. Felt awesome! I was greedy and wanted to try that 97.5 as well but I didn't have that juice left anymore that's needed to get those max lifts successful.

Clean PR, 95kg


No comments:

Post a Comment