Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday 25.6: Sandy and snatches

Tuesday. Emom, 3 push press for 10min. Metcon of sandy lunges, kb snatches and waiter's walk.

Training day @ Pirkkola outdoor sports center! The gang was me, comeback-Pony and Marko, the new crossfitter, awesome! First we headed to the gym and afterwards some metcons outdoors. Barbell action consisted of push presses. Tony brought the "Sandy", our 25kg sandbag, and I had some kettlebells with me.

The trio


Snatches

Strength / metcon.

  • Every minute on the minute (emom) for 10min
  • 3 push press

Before Marko arrived at the place, I took some muscle-up training and Toni focused in his pull-ups. I somehow hurt my elbows and they felt sore in the same way as they felt in the end of last year. I genuinely hope that pain will go away. Last time it bothered me for months.

I took 2 sets of push presses with 60kg and stepped back for the guys to finish it. My plan was to do 3 reps each minute @ 70kg for 10min. That would have been an awesome one. Was so frustrated in not being able to finish the workout but luckily that didn't stop me from moving on to the metcon.

Metcon. Result 6 rounds + 12m lunges

  • 15min amrap of:
  • 20m sandy lunges
  • 20 kettlebell snatches, 20kg
  • 40m waiter's walk, 20kg
This was a good workout. A triplet. Sandy was as cool as it's always been. Those lunges got to my hamstrings and glutes. Kettlebell snatches raised my heart rate up. There were a total of 120 snatches so towards the end it consumed some of my sharpest strength away. Waiter's walk was rest time for me. It was definitely too light weight or short distance. I tried this movement for the first time. It might have been a different ball game with 32kg bell. I'd like to try overhead carries anyway, with a barbell or kettlebells, doesn't matter as long as there's enough weight.

Total of 132m sandy lunges, 120 kettlebell snatches (2.400kg) and 240m waiter's walk.


Sandy lunges, listen to the sound of Toni puffing in the background =)


Snatches & lunges


Toni's metcon. Time 16.05. Compare to 30.7.2012.
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 400m run
  • 50 air squats
Back to the roots! This was the first crossfit workout ever done by Toni. He was a bit intimidated when he saw the track but before long he heard the magical 3-2-1-go and off he went. His time this time was 16.05.

400m run

Before

After

Marko's metcon
  • 15min amrap of:
  • 20m bear crawl
  • 10 kb snatches
  • 40m waiter's walk
It's important to Marko to concentrate in workouts that make his heart do the job, get the sweat running and make some muscles hurt. That's why we came up with some new movements as well to create some versatility. Bear crawl seemed to be the most difficult part of it. Snatches flew up and waiter's walk looked good as well. That bear crawl was the diamond of the wod. It was spectacular watch him moving up and down the track. Towards the end he was actually able to improve his time on the last 2 rounds. Mental game!

Waiter's walk

Bear crawl

He's done!



No comments:

Post a Comment