Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday 9.6: Muscle-ups, handstand

Sunday. 2k run, muscle-ups and handstand training.

I had written rest day in my training calendar for today. At some point of the day I found myself hanging in the pull-up bar doing muscle-ups =) It was about a 1.000m run to the spot at Helsinki's central park, completing 13 muscle-ups and then running back home. I also had a chance to improve on my handstand skills. I call this day a success.



Muscle-ups. Pr'd with 3 unbroken reps.
  • 13 reps (1+3+3+3+2+1)
Yeah! Can't describe how happy I'm with the development of the muscle-ups =) It's been just a short while sine I got the first rep and since then I haven't tried a rep without succeeding in it. Not a single no-rep at first try since then. I didn't have a clear plan when I started practicing them today. I came, did the first one. It felt good so I decided to try how many I could do in a row.

I got 3 reps, almost 4, the video is below. Tried another set and got 3 again. Total of 3 similar sets in a row. Then I felt my strength was about done and I did smaller sets to finish it. My technique doesn't allow be to go on top of the bar totally balanced so I land on the bar with my right side first. That's why my right shoulder takes more hit than left side. Next time I should try to land on my left shoulder first and definitely work on those legs on the swing. It's great to video shoot your own performance to understand the strength and weaknesses of your attempts.


3 muscle-ups

Handstand. I had some really sick attempts when training my handstand. I'm very pleased. Even though I started to lean forward or backward, I was still able to stabilize myself. I was totally surprised how natural I felt and how well I knew my body and was thus able to correct the form with my hands and core. Unfortunately couldn't catch it on tape this time. Perfect skills training day!




Here's a slow motion version of yesterday's pr lift with some comments as well =)



Toni's workout. 200 reps each

  • From 20 to 1, down by 1's of:
  • Push-ups, hands on dumbbells
  • Shoulder press with cold barbell (20kg)
  • Back squat with cold barbell (20kg)


No comments:

Post a Comment