Sunday, June 16, 2013

Saturday 15.6: Clean and jerk, bench press, dumbbell action

Saturday. Clean & jerk (up to 80kg), bench press (up to 95kg). Dumbbell metcon.

Today's program was about working with barbells and dumbbells. Some clean & jerk for starters and bench press.



Strength. C&J and bench.

  • Clean & jerk, 5x60, 3x70, 3x75, 2x80 (failed on the third rep at 80kg)
  • Bench press, 3x70, 3x80, 3x90, 1x95, failed on 100kg

That 90kg bench was sick. I believe I've done that weight only in singles before. Now I hit a triple, nice! After all that work with clean & jerks and bench, 100kg didn't come up. I'm sure it would if going only after a record with singles. You'll find those attempts in Youtube.

3x90kg

1x95kg


Dumbbell workout. Increase load between sets. Not for time. Sets: 17.5, 20, 22.5, 22.5, 22.5kg db's.

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 5 deadlift
  • 5 hang cleans
  • 5 press
  • 5 squat

Rest between sets as needed. Had no idea what weights would suit for me to start with. I grabbed 17.5kg, added to 20kg and finished the last 3 cycles with 22.5kg. Grip strength was the name of the game.



Take a look at this series of handstand training. I'll keep adding the rest of the season clips, awesome tips to proceed in handstand walk (up the stairs…)

Virtuosity, Dusty Hyland: Handstand position


No comments:

Post a Comment