Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday 5.6: Hero wod Bradley

Wednesday. Hero workout Bradley. Time 21.11 (including rest).

Today is a sad day for me and people close to me. My life-long friend Benny, my 11-year old golden retriever, passed away in the morning. I'm sad and missing the old man tremendously. I'm happy for him anyway for getting a quick relief and he didn't have to suffer. Hope you can sleep well now in peace. Love you so much Benny! <3











I wanted to get something else in my mind for a second so I hooked up with Marko to do a workout outdoors. Didn't want to sit, cry and sleep all day. I decided to hit it hard and do a hero workout called Bradley, in memory of Benny, consisting of running, pull-ups and burpees. I wrote a workout for Marko with kettlebells and running.

Bradley. Time 21.11 (including rest)

  • 10 rounds of:
  • 100m run
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 100m run
  • 10 burpees
  • 30 sec rest

Total of 2.000m running, 100 pull-ups and 100 burpees. I managed to push it through unbroken with the pull-ups. And burpees too; towards the end the pace got slower but I managed to maintain rhythm with burpees as well. That 30sec rest period between rounds was welcomed with a pleasure. The breathing was heavy, especially as there was 29 degrees outdoors, huh. Had to splash water at my face between the rounds.


Marko's workout.

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 200m run
  • 20 kettlebell swings, 20kg
  • 200m run
  • 20 clean & jerk, 20kg, alternating hand

1 comment: