Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday 2.8: Deadlift, bench and accessory work

Friday. Metcon, 10-8-6-4-2, deadlift (130kg), bench press (70kg). For completion, 5 rounds of: 10 weighted box jumps, 10 curls, 10 ring dips.

It's been an awesome training week. Our goal this week with Toni was to do same workouts together, at least as much as possible. We were able to match our schedules well and the plan was implemented. Thrusters, hspu and box on Monday, handstand skills, snatches and heavy Grace on Tuesday, squats, burpees and du's on Wednesday, handstand skills, split jerks, run/clean metcon on Thursday and today some meathead action. A lot of strength and heavy breathing has been witnessed this week both in our home gym and at Eltsu weightlifting venue. Both of us are feeling good about this!



Metcon. Alternating with Toni

  • 10-8-6-4-2
  • Deadlift, 130kg (Toni 120kg)
  • Bench press, 70kg

Didn't think about the clock this time. We did it as fast as we were able to do it. I've done this type of workouts with the similar movement combo but most of them were last year. I've kind of forgotten about this. It's a smart set to combine deadlift and bench, you get the heart rate up and they do not prevent each other. You can smack around some nice weights and get a good number of total kilos. It was 3.900kg on the deads and 2.100kg on the bench.

I was able to manhandle both movements and go unbroken each set. Toni also smashed the bench but had some broken sets on the deads. I have this mindset in my head that I'm gonna make my posterior chain stronger in the near future, at least I'm gonna concentrate in squats and deadlifts. Let's see what the outcome is. I'm also trying to find a wider stance in squats to find more stability and a thus a stronger ground on my lifts.




For completion.

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 weighted box jumps
  • 10 curls
  • 10 ring dips

Something accessory. Saw a video of weighted box jumps to increase explosiveness. Gave it a shot, it was ok, don't know if I'm gonna do them in the future. Not bad, still not a mind-blowing experience so let's see. At least it made my hamstrings burn, even though my dumbbells weren't that heavy.

Curls, hmm. Not often but sometimes to increase arm strength. I have those handstand push-ups in mind when I do this movement. Each and every time I do a curl I remind myself why I'm doing them. I consider this a pretty meathead movement. Ring dips are always smart to do. Pretty much the same logic still behind this is that I want my arms to get stronger.

Toni's workouts.

  • Same bench/dead workout @ 120kg deadlifts and @ 70kg bench
  • Metcon. 10 rounds of Cindy (5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats). Time 18.33





No comments:

Post a Comment