Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday 27.8: Squats, pair chipper with bro

Tuesday. Back squats (max 130kg). Pair chipper, 40 deadlifts (130kg), 200 du, 1.500m run, 200 du, 40 deadlifts (130kg).


I got a chance to workout with my bro and I welcomed the opportunity with great pleasure! Knew it already beforehand it's gonna be an awesome training session. Some squats for me and jerks for bro for strength. Then a pair wod to finish off. We started with some skills training: handstand walk.




Handstand. It was cool to get to train this skills with Sipa because he has pretty good skills already. As you see from the video he's advanced to a level where he's able to walk around obstacles. That's what I call progress. Considering he couldn't walk practically at all last year. This summer has been his breakthrough. I have the same feeling about my skills. Last summer was very challenging but this summer I've put way more effort in learning this and the results can be seen. Lot to do still, naturally, but I'm very proud at the level currently. There's still enough time left of the summer to keep on working towards better skills.




Strength. Back squats 3-3-3-1 (90, 110, 120, 130kg). My hip flexors were a bit sore today so I didn't take many sets of squats. I wanted to put some heavier weights on my back because lately my squat sessions have mostly been emom style workouts around 100 kilos. I think it's important to remind the body of the heavier weights as well. So got to do conventional strength training once in a while with back / front squats to keep my body prepared.


110kg

Here are two clips from today. The first one is @ 110kg and the last one is 130kg. Once I was going down with the 130kg, I realized I don't have a rack where I could land the barbell if it gets too heavy. Wanted to attempt another rep but didn't have the balls to try it. Never practiced dropping the bar from my back when squatting in case of a failed rep.

130kg


Metcon. Time 20.34

  • 40 deadlifts, 130kg
  • 200 double unders
  • 1.500m run for both
  • 200 double unders
  • 40 deadlifts, 130kg


Originally we were thinking about doing this individually: 20 deads, 100du's, 1.500m run, 100du's and 20 deads. However, it's so much more fun to do it as a team so we doubled the amount of reps and went in "you go, I go" - style. I started, finished 10 deadlifts, dropped the bar, Sipa continued and completed 10 reps. My turn, his turn. That was the way we did all sets of deadlifts and double unders. Those reps were done in a team, as a total sum of reps but the run was for both of us.





On the double unders we went in the same way. Once the other one tripped, the other one continued. However, the minimum amount was around 20 reps. We were both doing well with the doubles! I felt supreme on them. I did sets of 40 and 30 reps, few 20 rep-sets, the breathing was quite heavy at those points. Anyway, the jump rope went under my command. And those reps my bro was doing were probably the best I've seen from him this far.

On the running part I felt this is not my piece today. My bro had way better feeling running and it was clear his running felt much lighter than mine. Had no problems during the run but Sipa was simply running faster. After the run he had a few extra heart beats and had to take a short rest before entering doubles.

The doubles went as well on the latter set and the deadlifts were somewhat heavier, surprise… Anyway I finished sets of 8, 8 and 5 deads in the end. Good metcon with weights and bodyweight stuff! In general, today was as good training session as I hoped, great to have a chance to work out with bro occasionally!

By the way, he dominated the barbell in the strength part and successfully lifted 90kg jerk to break a record, new PR is 90kg!!! He was supposed to go split jerk but somewhat it turned out to some sort of push press =)






1 comment:

  1. Looking good! That metcon sounds like a true nightmare

    ReplyDelete