Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday 22.8: Row, box, pull-ups, handstand

Thursday. Skills, elbow levers. Metcon, 3 rds of: 500m row, 20 box, 20 pull-ups. Mobility. Couple hours later: skills, handstand.



Skills. Elbow levers. This movement is something I've tried a few times. Got the inspiration from Blair Morrison's crossfit blog. It's part of the Prasara Yoga movements looking to improve body control. Take a look at some of the videos in Sinor's Youtube channel. Worked today towards one-handed and two-handed levers. Perfect stuff for warming up!

Metcon. For completion
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 500m row
  • 20 box jumps, 61cm
  • 20 pull-ups
My juice wasn't there in full mode so I did a 3 round metcon with rowing, boxes and pull-ups. The last one is something I've been neglecting and will definitely get back on track with them. Looking to nail around 400 reps per month to keep on improving. I'm behind my goal this month but there's still time to get back.

Mobility. My body was somewhat bruised so I kept this workout light. Concentrated a lot in mobility after the metcon. Lot of stretching for lower body, hamstrings, hip flexors, glutes… Also utilized my new resistance band for lower and upper body mobility workouts. Finally the new lacrosse ball had its turn to hammer my upper back and hip flexors. Really worked well. I've been doing way more mobility workouts in the last 2 weeks. I have some fixation to get my hips and upper back better mobilized.

Handstand. After a couple of hours I decided to take another session by training skills. It's been some time since previous handstand session and it was awesome to go for it after a while! I'm a bit afraid how I can keep up with this special skills training during winter time. Hopefully I'll find a place to train. It might be quite challenging to handstand in snow =)




Toni's workouts.
  • Complex pair wod consisting of:
  • Static dip hold
  • Lunges with 10kg plate overhead
  • Burpees
Heard that the number of lunges was around 200m and burpees at 80 reps.



No comments:

Post a Comment