Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday 26.2: Kb and Running

Friday. Outdoors workout, 4rds of: 30 kb swing @ 32kg, run around the block.

Today there was no chance of going to the gym during the decent hours so I made a move and decided to go for an outdoor metcon. It was a perfect wintery weather for that purpose. Something like 4 minus degrees, no wind at all, and snow in the ground.




Metcon.
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 30 kettlebell swing @ 32kg
  • Run around the block (around 300m)
There was simply no warm-up whatsoever. If you don't count the part where I carried the 2-pood bell to the back yard. That was it. I thought about swinging the bell for some time for warm-up but once I had it going the plan changed on the fly and I took 30 reps unbroken right away. Then dropped it down and took a lap around the block. I have sometime in the history measured it to be somewhere around 300-330 meters. Definitely not a precise number.

The upcoming rounds of kb swings were more painful. My back started to get really stiff, especially in the 3rd and 4th round. First round was ub, the following 20-10 reps. On the running last round was definitely the fastest. This was a good crossfit workout for sure. I vaguely remember there is a hero workout - maybe Eva - where you have 800m run, 30 pull-ups and 30 kb swings for 5 rounds. Must be a pain in the ass. Anyway, it was a lot of fun working outdoors again.



No comments:

Post a Comment