Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday 17.2: Clean, Hspu, Ball slam, Box, Row

Wednesday. Metcon, 6rds of: 5 power clean @ 80kg, 10 hspu, 15 ball slam, 15 box, 500m row. Time, 34.39.

Huh, it was a busy day. Luckily I got a chance to let some steam off at the gym after work day. It was a long workout with easier pace. More like basic conditioning I would say. Still it burned my legs at times, and it can't be characterized as easy one for sure.


Metcon. Time, 34.39




  • 6 rounds of:
  • 5 power clean @ 80kg
  • 10 handstand push-ups
  • 15 ball slams, 9kg
  • 15 box jumps
  • 500m row
Plan from the beginning was to take this with slower pace. Not to gas out and look for the best possible time. More like keeping a steady rhythm in all of the movements. Took the cleans in singles, dropped between every rep but picking it up right away.


It's been some time since doing handstand push-ups so this felt awesome to get some completed under my belt! Ball slams were much more pain in the ass than I had anticipated / remembered. Even though the ball is only at 9 kilos, that movement still puts breathing heavy and legs feel the pressure nicely.


Box jumps are always a pleasure and I went after those with a smile on my face. Okay that's a bit of exaggeration but those are something I look forward to every time I see them in a workout. On the first round I had to jump on to a stationary bike because both Concept2's were taken. That wasn't too bad of a choice as it burned my legs more than the rower. Anyway this part of the metcon was a pure conditioning piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment