Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thursday 11.2: Deads, Thrusters, Burpees

Thursday. Deadlift 3x10. E2mom x 10min: 7 thruster @ 50kg. Emom x 6min: 12 burpee.

Couple of longer sets pulling the bar from ground. Thrusters reminded me that this would be a great one to go for longer time domain. And/Or heavier weights. I once did similar workout for half an hour with 60kg bar. In the end I realized I should already be out the door so it was all about burpees to get heart rate up.



Pulls.
  • Deadlift 3x10 (130, 140, 150kg)
Entire posterior chain felt very good on these pulls. My palms / fingers felt more sensitive so I bitched a bit with the weights. Stayed light as it felt like my fingers are going to get ripped with heavier loads. Hands have felt awesome lately and there have been no rips at all.



Barbell cycling.
  • Every 2:00, for 10 min:
  • 7 thrusters @ 50kg
The focus of this was to get familiar with heavier weights and get my wrist get familiar under weights by being in a totally bent position. For some reason thrusters feel like the most challenging movement for me. Wrists and elbows need to be properly mobilized before doing this movement. Even with 40kg I can't just jump into thrusters but need to stretch out my lats and triceps with the help of resistance band work.




Bodyweight.
  • Every minute on the minute x 6 minutes
  • 12 burpees
As I said at this point I was already in a hurry. My calendar said metcon would have been 12min amrap of rowing and pull-ups (nice combo of pulling). There was zero recovery after thrusters. At 10:00 from the start of thrusters I started hitting my chest to the floor to get after burpees. 12 reps took me about 30 seconds each minute. The time stayed the same but they started to get more mental towards the end. Good finisher!





No comments:

Post a Comment