Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday 14.2: Open wod 13.1, Row, Pull-ups

Sunday. CF Open 13.1. Result, 121 reps. Wod, 5rds of: 300m row, 12 pull-ups.

Great Sunday! It's Valentine's Day so we hooked up with some friends for Sunday brunch, enjoyed that time and then went to the gym in the evening with my wife. Couldn't be better. Re-test of an old crossfit open workout from 2013. Development has taken place.


CF Open 13.1. Result, 121 reps (21 snatch @ 60kg). Compare to 9.3.2013

  • 17min amrap of:
  • 40 burpees
  • 30 snatch @ 35kg
  • 30 burpees
  • 30 snatch @ 60kg
  • 20 burpees
  • 30 snatch @ 75kg
  • 10 burpees
  • Amrap of snatch @ 95kg in the remaining time

Long story short. This went well. I'm fitter than before if I choose to believe this test. And I will. My snatch max load has not gone up tremendously since previous time doing this one but obviously muscle endurance and technique has.

Should have gassed more on the snatches. I realized that a bit too late though. I took some rest between singles. I have never done more than couple singles at 60kg so this was a new situation for me. It was also a huge win for me mentally. It felt like that bar was going up rather easily. At least considering what I thought about this beforehand. In the end I was able to speed it up. And after the 17 minutes were over I decided to continue to finish 30 snatches to get a piece of the feeling of benchmark workout Isabel.

CF Open 13.1


Metcon.

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 300m row
  • 12 pull-ups
Had no time to recover between workouts so I just ripped the plates off the barbell and sat on the rower. Didn't time this at all. Rowing was not full effort, more easily this time. On the pull-ups there was no other option but to go unbroken, keep the legs tied together and focus on utilizing my hips. Good workout.



Snatches




No comments:

Post a Comment