Sunday, October 25, 2020

Monday 19.10: Hspu, Deadlift + Badminton

Monday. AM. Wod, 6 rds of: 6 deadlift @ 130kg, 15 hspu. PM. Badminton for 1 hour

Main focus was on the evening's badminton games with Tuomas. However, I found a time slot during lunch hour and decided to pull from the ground. This idea came out of the blue. I just needed to get it out of my system.



Workout.
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 6 deadlift @ 130kg
  • 15 handstand push-ups
How simple can it be? I took some deadlifts before the workout. But still rather light, a triple at 150kg at max this time. I really haven't pulled in a long time for real. This is pretty much my strongest move strength-wise. I can go heavy on any given day and never have I tested the real max. That's not something I'm ever gonna do either. I don't see the point in pulling 1RM with a rounded back or something alike. Anyway, I believe 205kg is the heaviest I've completed and a double at 200kg.



However, it's been a while and my platform at home is not that solid so I don't wanna take any stupid chances at home. Here, I prefer to have it on the lighter side. This workout was just perfect. My goal was to go unbroken on this one. Didn't have a timer running so I have basically no idea how much this took. Hspu's got tougher than I imagined. Somehow the combo of pull and push is kind of brutal.



In the evening we went to hit another session of Badminton. It's always a great way to spend oe hour. Intense sport, at least when we collide.


No comments:

Post a Comment