Saturday, October 31, 2020

Sunday 25.10: T2b, Lunges

Sunday. Wod, 30-20-10 reps of: t2b and lunges @ 2x15kg db's. Time, 5.20

Without saying it's obvious that this was inspired by Crossfit Games workout where those guys did t2b's and lunges with kettlebells. I'd really like to have a pair of 24kg kettlebells. I can see the benefits of those. My 2-poods are a bit too heavy and they are from different manufacturere so they are of different size and shape. Dumbbells on the other hand don't quite work the same way with lunges. I have a pair of 15 kg's and 25kg's but as they are shaped differently I find it awkward to Place them in front rack position.


Workout. Time, 5.20
  • 30-20-10 reps of:
  • Toes-to-bar's
  • Walking lunges @ 2x15kg dumbbells
This was a quick one. I was so weary as I stepped outside for this workout. Needed to get something done to shake this system up but definitely couldn't get the best of myself for this session. So this was kind of a half-assing with a short wod. Nothing wrong with short and intense workout for sure. On the contrary. Let's think about Fran for example. It takes 3-4 minutes and I'm over and out for the entire day. But then if the movements are like this (t2b and light lunges) it should be a longer workout. Anyway, this was a good compulsory workout because the other option was to do nothing at all.

Toes-to-bar's were 24+6 on the first round, 12+4+2+2 on the second one and 6+2+2 on the last one. Lunges were unbroken. I tried to push myself on this one and didn't give any slack in the transitions. That's the reason why I had to break those t2b sets in pieces. I'm rather happy on the outcome of this workout. As I wrote in the beginning, it would have been ideal to have 2x24kg dumbbells in front rack position to get the right kind of stimulus.





No comments:

Post a Comment