Saturday, October 31, 2020

Monday 26.10: Barbell complex, Hspu, Clean

Monday. Barbell complex. Wod, 21-15-9 of: hspu and hang power clean @ 50kg. Time, 4.30

It's been a while since moving a heavier barbell or doing any sort of barbell cycling / complex. It just struck me that this 3-kid life has got the better of me and my workouts have become just workouts. My life is busy every single day, from morning to evening and every day that make a decision to train, it's gonna be rather tight schedule. But it's also very important haven for me so I'm gonna keep on squeezing my schedule so that I find that short slot somewhere. On Sunday I put those training slots for every day and wrote the workouts for each day. I also programmed more barbell and heavier weights for this week.




Barbell complex.
  • Every minute on the minute x 12 minutes of:
  • 1 squat clean @ 90kg
  • 2 front squat @ 90kg
Oh boy it felt awesome. Felt like a king. Just like when I was back in 2016 training at Optimal Performace Center where I used to go on average of 6.5 times a week, and hit 2-3 pieces per training sessions. Pretty much every session began with a barbell, and ended with metcon(s) and accessories. This would have been a normal day for me that time but nowadays it's almost always one piece per day. Ain't got more time for that. But now this was so well scheduled and determined beforehand that this was very efficient session actually. It took me something like 30-40 minutes to finish both pieces.





Wod. Time, 4.30
  • 21-15-9 reps of:
  • Handstand push-ups
  • Hang power cleans @ 50kg
I knew this is gonna be fast and it's gonna hurt. And I got through this as I had planned and hoped for. That is, unbroken. The rep scheme was nothing short of superb. It was challenging but still up to my head whether I'm gonna go unbroken or not. Hspu's started greatly in the start, then jumped to the barbell after 15 rest period. It started to feel nasty somewhere at 15 reps. As I put the bar down, it hit my shoulders and grip, plus breathing. Had to take 20 second rest after those cleans.

Second set of hspu's was tough but I could have put couple more reps on the board if necessary. The rest period grew to something like 25 seconds before cleans. Before I grabbed the barbell I thought I needed to cut this to two sets. However, once I got to 8-9 reps, I decided to just hold on.

It's almost awkward to admit it took me +20 seconds to attempt the last set of hspu's. But my forearms were so tense I couldn't feel them anymore and had to shake it off before the hspu's. And another 18 seconds recovery before the last set of cleans.

This was the first time in a log time I have took the entire workout on video. It was funny to see and count the rest periods in the transitions. It always feels like it's just a short period, like 10 seconds every now and then but in reality it takes double that time easily. On the other hand I like to do bigger sets if by any means possible. I feel like it's deveoping me and my work capacity a lot more. I was very pleased on the outcome of this workout for sure. Exactly the stimulus I was looking for.




No comments:

Post a Comment