Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sunday 27.9: Intervals

Sunday. Intervals of HSPU's, Burpees, Wall balls and rowing

We went to Luukki another time this weekend. We are getting familiar with the place and I can see some tradition taking place. Afterwards my training time was about quick intervals. Those were horrible.


Intervals.
  • Every 5:00, for a total of 6 sets
  • Alternate between A and B
A
  • 15 handstand push-ups
  • 15 burpees
  • 300m row
B
  • 15 handstand push-ups
  • 15 wall balls
  • 300m row





These took me between 2.25 - 2.50 to complete which means to say it was approximately 1:1 work:rest ratio. The first piece (A) was the one that took a bit longer to complete because of the burpees, whereas B was faster.

I was able to push through those hspu's unbroken all the way to the last round where I had to come down from the Wall after 13 reps as my shoulders were smashed. I mean big time smashed. I wanted to break the sall balls too but that would have been something I would not have forgiven myself if that happened. Got to say the burpees were also nasty as hll. The real mental battle was still the last sprint on the rower each round. It was horrible, and the rest really came in to a good place. Plus, I'm very pleased I wrote it for 300 meters only. Had it been longer, the effort could not have been maf effort.






No comments:

Post a Comment