Sunday, October 4, 2020

Saturday 26.9: Bar mu's, Cleans, Run

Saturday. Wod, 5 rounds of: 5 bar mu's, 5 hang power cleans @ 80kg, 400m run.

This weekend we went to Luukki for a family stroll for about 2 hours. Then at home after lunch I went to hit this workout. Right afterwards, I grabbed Emma and we went for biking and hiking to Tornimäki hill. In the afternoon we packed the entire family to our car and drove to a playground that we know our love appreciate. In other words, it was quite a hassle, as the weekends tend to be nowadays with kids. I spent the entire day outdoors.


Workout.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 5 bar muscle-ups
  • 5 hang power clean @ 80kg
  • 400m run
Nowadays I don't do very systematic training programmes. It's entirely different compared to what it used to be like before kids. Then I used to spend a ton writing workouts, strength sessions and exploring YouTube videos. Nowadays I'm just happy I can find a training slot to break some sweat and get herat beat up. Occasionally I get a vision in my head the day before and then it stucks in my head for an entire day until I get that out of my system. On other occasions I write the workout as I step outside.








On Friday I "remembered" bar muscle-ups and decided to slip them in to my Saturday wod. It was intentional that I had two pulling elements next to each other. First get the full body experience on the mu's, then 80kg hang cleans to accompany, that is not light weight for me from hang position.


Running broke the tension of having to grab a barbell all the time. Both of those movements are tough so my running was moderate pace.I wanted to be able to jump for the mu's rather fast after coming back from the run instead of having to stand there and grasb air. I liked this workout and am happy for completing 25 bar muscle-ups without any palm rips.





No comments:

Post a Comment