Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Tuesday 6.10: Hspu, Clean, Burpee, Front squat

Tuesday. Wod, 25 hspu, then 8 rds of 5 hpc @ 70kg + 10 burpees, then 25 front squat @ 70kg. time, 14.45.

During lunch break I was able to squeeze in a workout session. Quick one, 15 minutes of heavy sweating and I was done for the day. In the evening I took two kids with me, dropped the other one to her dance training and took the other one and headed to the track and field to mess around.


Workout. Time, 14.45
  • 25 handstand push-ups buy-in, then
  • 8 rounds of:
  • 5 hang power clean @ 70kg + 10 burpees, then
  • 25 front squat @ 70kg
At first my whiteboard read 25 burpees buy-in and cash-out, and then 8 rounds of cleans and front squats. Then, I realized it's most probably gonna be too physical to maintain the intensity. So I modified it a bit to begin able to move constantly and thus reach the goal I was looking for. That is to move "all the time" and put my lungs hurt.




I believe I succeeded in the goal set for this task. I got the hspu's unbroken in the books. That was great, considering my PR on hspu's is 26-27. For sure those taxed my shoulders a bit and maybe that was not ideal but I wanted to go ub, and I did.


 

Cleans and burpees. Nothing too physical but definitely something that I needed to find my pace and rhythm not to gas myself too early. Classic stuff, steady pace. In the beginning I had only those front squats at moderate load left to complete. I'm telling you, I had second thoughts about doing these squats at all in the end. What if I'd just stop after the last burpee. But then I stopped bitching around and went for it. I took 13 reps on the first set, then another 12 squats to finish the workout. Definitely a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment