Sunday, April 5, 2015

Saturday 4.4: Muscle-ups and Kettlebell

Saturday. Workout, 5rds of: 2 mu's, 10 kb swings (32kg). Workout, 100 kb swings (32kg).

This weekend was dedicated to cleaning warehouses and attic in Klaukkala. It took us couple of hours on both days. A big spring clean up so to say. In addition I got to work on rings a lot. Both Friday and Saturday consisted of rings. Yesterday was kb swings and muscle-ups as a combo. Not very tough but it was cool to combine these two. I needed to get my breathing go up so I worked more with the bell.


Workout.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 2 ring muscle-ups
  • 10 kettlebell swings, 32kg
I could have just worked on my ring skills but I already did those triples yesterday. Now I wasted to make it a little different by combining rings with kettlebells. It's rare for me to mix muscle-ups with basically anything. Especially ring mu's. That is because they are not that strong yet. But maybe little by little they can be added to metcons too. Hopefully so. Don't want them to be just singles if they are in a metcon.


My bar muscle-ups are on a decent level already so I've done metcons that include those. Each and every one of those workouts were awesome and rocked my world. Those are tough workouts.


Here's a short clip of yesterday's muscle-ups. My camera's battery was running low so this is the only clip there is from Saturday's training session. By the way, doing crossfit outdoors is sick. I'd do it everyday if I had the possibilities and barbells.



Posterior chain.
  • 100 kettlebell swing, 32kg
Even though this combo was great, I wanted to have my heart beat up. Kb swings is a perfect way to carry that out. Didn't have a clock running but I took those hundred repetitions in 5 sets of 20 reps with just a short break in between. Grip strength started to become issue for sure. Last 2 sets were horrible. This was exactly what I was looking for this Saturday to end the day. Spent about 5 hours outdoors.




No comments:

Post a Comment