Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thursday 30.4: Clean and jerk, Pull-ups, Lunges

Thursday. Metcon, 6rds of: 5 c&j (60kg), 10 pull-ups, 20m lunges. Time, 12.25.

Today's session was quite short so I skipped strength and took a metcon instead. I've been thinking about putting clean and jerks more often in metcons too. It's cool to get 100kg up in the air for once but it's much more cool to knock multiple reps at semi heavy weight unbroken touch'n'go reps. That's what I'd like myself to see doing more often. That's also the reason why I thought of doing overhead squats for high rep sets in the near future.




Metcon. Time, 12.25
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 5 clean and jerk, 60kg
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 20m lunges
The truth is though, these are not as easy. It's kind of easier to do one heavy rep and then celebrate, than to keep the barbell moving. I've done sets of 10 reps in the past with 60kg c&j and those were disgusting. Okay that's easy money for some people but for me it was a battle.

5x60kg clean and jerk

Clean and jerks felt great anyway. Had no pain in my shoulders whatsoever. At times there's been a little soreness and I've tried to change up the width of my grip to ease the tension. These also felt pretty smooth and technically as sound as they are in my case. Kept the elbows straight on the way up, no early arm pull, then finishing it in one continuous movement from front rack to overhead. I was also satisfied on how the bar came down. The path was similar on the way down as it was on its way up.


Pull-ups felt tough today. It feels like I haven't done them a lot lately. To be honest it's probably around 200-300 reps this month which is not much. They feel heavier once I cut down the amount of them. Those were the reason why it took me some time to finish this metcon. I'll rephrase. The reason was that I took my breaks between stations because I wanted to do each element well. Lunges were a good variation to this metcon too.



No comments:

Post a Comment