Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday 18.12: Push press, Deadlift, Conditioning, Accessory

Friday. Push press 3x8 (67.5kg). Deadlift 5x5 (170kg). Conditioning, 10rds of: 10 hspu, 14 kb snatch (20kg), 20 box. Accessory, upper body strength.

Last day at work. What a roller coaster of emotions. It's awesome to see all close colleagues have gathered around to show their love as we have spent so much time together in the past. It's been a humble experience and I absorb every bit of it with great gratitude. For the last time I went to train at the place where it all began 3 years ago, Haaga cave. This is where I have built up the base for all strength and skills work. Conditioning was made already somewhat during my floorball career earlier.



Overhead.
  • Push press 3x8 @ 67.5kg
This is part of the progress with the goal of building stronger shoulders. Now it's all about the 8's, and program said the weight is going to be 67.5kg. The last set was tough and I wasn't fully satisfied on having to arch my back way too much on the last 3 reps. Other than that I walked away with a good feeling of this strength portion.



Pulls.
  • Deadlift 5x5 @ 170kg
Last time when I did pulls from the floor it was 5x5 @ 160kg. Those deadlifts felt rather light so I decided to jump it up a notch. It's usually depending on how my palms look on pulling days whether it's going to be a good day or a day where I have to stay light. Back and posterior chain in general always take the loads well. Today it was 5 sets of 5 reps at 170 kilos. Felt good about it.



Conditioning.
  • 10 rounds of:
  • 10 handstand push-ups
  • 14 kettlebell snatches, 20kg (7/7)
  • 20 box jumps
This was not for time. It was originally but then a party of two came to hang around at the stations I was working on hspu's, and there's no other place where those could be performed. There was personal training session going on so I didn't have the heart to bother them. There were 3 rounds where I didn't do handstand push-ups and 3 rounds where I didn't do box jumps but snatches took place every single round. I went 7 on right hand, and then switched it to left hand for another 7 reps.



Accessory. There was plenty of time before sauna so I did some biceps and triceps. Something I do practically never. Not that those wouldn't be useful for me. It's just simply something that has not been in my tool box. Today I gave them a shot.





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left some sweat to this cave during the past years

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is nothing but a fact. Hundreds of training sessions took place there. It's an important place for me. -Don

    ReplyDelete