Monday, December 7, 2015

Monday 7.12: Snatch complex

Monday. Snatch complex: high pull, full snatch, snatch balance, ohs (40-65kg). Snatch pull triples (up to 90kg).

Lots of snatch action today at the gym. It took me an hour to go through all the work load. This time I didn't have strict plans on the weights at all. Just went on by feeling. What I had in mind was the complex that was carried out as such.




Complex.
  • Snatch high pull
  • Full snatch
  • Snatch balance
  • Overhead squat
  • Bunch of sets @ 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65kg
Lots of fun. I took several sets at each load so there was a good volume of snatches today. These felt very good, and my technique (compared to what it used to be) was somwhat on point. I'm very happy of today's progress!

60kg


Pulls.
  • Snatch high pulls
  • Triples @ 68, 70, 70, 80, 80, 80, 90, 90, 90kg
65kg snatch is pretty much the most I've lifted in ages so this was big time success. I jumped to 68kg which turned out to be just a snatch high pull because I didn't drop under the barbell for some unknown reason. Even though 65kg was rather easy, some wall hit me in courage. There's something to be worked on.

65kg

So I changed to snatch high pulls with a bit heavier weights. Focusing on bringing the bar up slowly as I've learned now, then pulling from the hips. Good sesh.



No comments:

Post a Comment