Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wednesday 9.12: Push press, C&J, Front squat

Wednesday. Push press 2x10 @ 65kg. Emom x 5min: 5 c&j @ 60kg. Front squat 5-4-3-2-1 (up to 130kg).

Went to improve my fitness later in the evening. Somehow I felt like my upper body was very fresh and mobile, especially from shoulders. No tightness whatsoever. That felt super good. Today was purely barbell cycling in different forms. Had no time for metcon. There was "Rahoi" marked in my notes. Maybe I'll hit that some day.



Press.

  • Push press 2x10 reps @ 65kg

This is part of the progression I'm doing right now. Idea is to do purely push presses twice a week to increase shoulder strength. Those are not my strong points so I'm looking to improve on those. Going to do longer sets than normally. Currently these are 10's, next I'm going to 8's and so on. Today it was 2x10 reps, and increasing the weight to 65 kilos. I was still able to go touch'n'go on these sets. There's a difference in moving 60kg or 65kg bar but there's still room to add, I believe.



Oly.

  • Every minute on the minute x 5 minutes
  • 5 clean and jerk @ 60kg
My throat wasn't perfect and nose was running during the weekend and since then I've taken heavy breathing carefully. Today I finally wanted to get a piece of a good action so I programmed emom clean and jerks for today.

This was a little fun portion for sure. Not that heavy though, the bar was at 60kg so it is supposed to move well. For today it was exactly what I needed.



Squat.


  • Front squat 5-4-3-2-1 (100, 110, 120, 125, 130kg)

Some squats to finish the session. Total of 5 sets, decreasing the number of reps and simultaneously increasing the load. Starting at 100kg, and going up to 130kg. First two sets were tng, then I took a short breath on top before next rep. After three sets I realized I should already be on my way back home so there wasn't much time to recover anymore.




No comments:

Post a Comment