Monday, December 28, 2015

Monday 28.12: Pull-ups, Hspu, Clean, T2b + MU's metcon

Monday. AM. Bodyweight emom x 20min. Odd min, 10 pull-ups. Even min, 10 hspu. Emom x 10min. Odd min, 3 squat clean (80kg). Even min, 12 t2b. PM. Metcon, 15min amrap of: 2 mu's, 6 push jerk (60kg), 14 box. Result, 162 reps.

It was an early morning workout to kickstart the day. As I'm on a holiday right now my program looks pretty similar each day. I drive my lovely wife to work, then head to the gym right after that at 9.00 in the morning at latest. Then a good warm-up takes place and about 2h session is ahead of me. There's no rush at all. At 11.00 I go back home, eat, relax and take a nap. That's a life changer. I feel alive again after sleeping for a while. Then another session in the afternoon and then get Pauliina back home. Then more food inside of me and recovery for the next day in the best company.



Bodyweight.

  • Every minute on the minute x 20 minutes
  • Odd min, 10 pull-ups
  • Even min, 10 handstand pull-ups

I needed a lot of warm-up to get to this point that I was able to move my body properly. Felt very stiff in the morning. Did rowing for 1k and mobilized a lot, played around with a light barbell for a while before hopping on the pull-up bar.


This was supposed to be a 10 minute emom workout but once I started moving my body woke up nicely and both pull-ups and handstand push-ups started feeling good. It felt only suitable to keep on going and it turned out to be a 20min workout in the end. Pull-ups were too easy. That was a very positive thing now as I think about it.

Hspu's got tougher through the end. Last 2-3 sets were clearly heavier. I'm still very happy on that I was able to complete 100 reps of both pull-ups and hspu's. On pull-ups that's a good volume but for the handstand push-ups it's huge. No matter in what kind of sets it's being done, 100 hspu's is a lot for me.



Oly / Core.

  • Every minute on the minute x 10 minutes
  • Odd min, 3 squat clean @ 80kg
  • Even min, 12 toes-to-bar

There was quite a proper time of recovery between the emoms. Had to make sure my body's ready for the second piece. Considering my legs were done already when I woke up today I didn't know how they would react on the cleans. Taking that into consideration this felt great. Went down in 3 x singles each minute. Not an actual break in between. Just dropped the bar and took it up again.


T2b's were surprisingly hard. Well there wasn't a chance I wouldn't do them unbroken but going for maybe additional 2 rounds it would have probably got challenging. Had to adjust my grip and core was also feeling it. Good workout.

Some accessory work in the rmoning. Bicep curls 5x10 reps


Metcon. Result, 162 reps (7 rounds + 6 jerk)

  • 15min amrap of:
  • 2 ring muscle-ups
  • 6 push jerks @ 60kg
  • 14 box jumps

After nap time this was ahead of me. Wanted to have muscle-ups in the game. I thought about what's going to match nicely with this movement. Needed to have some barbell movement. Squats were out of question because my legs are so sore. Shoulder-to-overhead's seemed like a good idea, and they were. Box jumps sealed the deal.



This went very well. In the warm-up jerks felt heavy but then I stopped listening to my head and put the timer on. This weight is not super heavy for sure. Went unbroken on the muscle-ups. That was my goal, and the reasoning behind writing only 2 reps per round. Had I put 3 reps per round they most likely would not have been ub all the way. Actually jerks and box jumps were unbroken too. Just as planned.


Round times were consistent. About 2 minutes per round. First one was 90 seconds, the rest of them about 120 seconds. I finished the 7th round at 11.59, and got enough time to still go after muscle-ups and jerks. As I dropped the barbell overhead clock turned 15:00.





No comments:

Post a Comment