Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Monday 1.6: Clean, Thruster, Burpee, Front squat

Monday. Strength, clean doubles (up to 105kg). Metcon, 21-15-9 of: thruster (40kg), burpee. Time, 5.48. Front squat 4x4 (across 100kg).

Back to the grind! Monday was about getting familiar with this thing called crossfit again. It was a rough weekend in Copenhagen and I loved every second of it. The guys had really put up a show, and we had some very good quality time together. I wanted to get some cleans under my belt and then hit a metcon that would allow me to blow some steam out of the system. Didn't really have time for the squats so I took 'em light in just a couple of minutes.


Strength.

  • Clean doubles (60, 70, 80, 90, 95, 100, 105, 105kg)

Damned it was great to do cleans! These were squat cleans all the way. They felt solid up to 100kg. There were 2 sets at 105 kilos. The first rep of both sets was good but the second was a little off on both of them. That was somehow distracting as I'd like to have every rep look the same. Consistency consistency. Anyway, I felt very good after getting just a little sleep last night, and being tired all day.



Metcon. Time, 5.48

  • 21-15-9 of:
  • Thruster, 40kg
  • Burpee
On our way back to Finland I planned this week's training together with my bro, and came up with this kind of stuff. On the airplane this felt like a good idea. And there were some sick plans of doing it twice after a short rest period in between. My shoulders got tired after the first set of thrusters =)

Combine thrusters and burpees is torture. I still remember 14.5 from last year's Crossfit Open. And those were bar-facing burpees to make it suck even more. This was luckily much shorter version of that but still it got under my skin. Very good short and intense workout!

#nextlevel with superfood berries

Squats.
  • Front squat 4x4 (across 100kg)

Got time for just a couple of minutes so I piled 60kg, then 90kg on the bar, took couple of reps there, and moved on to 100kg and started doing 4's with just a short break between sets. This was light weight but I wanted to get some squats done.



No comments:

Post a Comment