Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday 30.6: Snatch, Clean, Ring dip, Squat

Tuesday. Snatch, cleans, burpees. Metcon, 7min amrap of: 10 ring dip, 30 air squat. Result, 222 reps.

Yesterday was a rest day so I was full of energy and high hopes hitting the gym. For some unknown reason my left forearm cramped on Monday and made a comeback today on the snatches. Plus I got another rip on my left palm so those kind of dampened the mood, and it turned out to be quite modest session after all. Tomorrow's gonna be a better day. Attitude.

Metcon's round times


Barbell.

  • Snatches (40-60kg)
  • Power clean triples (60, 70, 80, 85, 90kg)
  • 2 sets of: 5 tng power clean @ 70kg + 10 burpee

Those first snatches felt really good, and the bar path was okay. I didn't rush the movement which lead the barbell coming up higher before contacting my hips. That was a good confidence booster for sure. I also got down below parallel nicely so it was looking good. These forearms brought some issues and I moved on to cleans which were not on the agenda originally. Took some triples there just to get some bar action in the books. In the end some interval work before my hand ripped.

Snatches


Metcon. Result, 222 reps (5 rounds + 12 squat)

  • 7min amrap of:
  • 10 ring dip
  • 30 air squat

There was a need to get some real training done but these two issues were bitching in my mind. My pal Jasper agreed on this one when it came to my mind. Ring dips got to my triceps and finally squats were tough on lower body too. This wasn't that bad on the breathing because I had to pause occasionally on the dips. First 2 rounds were unbroken, and from then on I had to break them to pieces. First attempt in each set after that was anyway 6 reps.



No comments:

Post a Comment