Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Wednesday 3.6: Jerk, C2b, Box, Ghd's

Wednesday. Metcon, 15min amrap of: 4 s2o (60kg), 8 c2b, 12 box, 16 ghd. Row 4km.

This morning I woke up at a regular time. After being in the shower I realized I'm going to work for evening so there was some sleep that could have taken place but once I was already awake, it was time to cheer up and head to the gym. This was much earlier than normally when I do morning workouts and it definitely felt in my body. It was sore as hell.



Metcon. Result, 273 reps
  • 15min amrap of:
  • 4 shoulder-to-overhead, 60kg
  • 8 chest-to-bar pull-up
  • 12 box jump
  • 16 ghd sit-up
It really was difficult to get this body moving. Don't know why it is as sore as it is. Legs were fine but upper body feels smashed. Back, chest and arms. Okay, there's been heavy cleans, then thrusters, burpees, lots of squats, more cleans and ring dips in the past two days. I can also feel it in my legs but they worked as planned anyway.

I had planned on jerking a bar at 70 kilos but 60kg worked much better. And it felt heavy too =) C2b's were the part which I had some thoughts about whether I'm able to go unbroken or not. Eight reps ain't much but in a workout it might start feeling like there was a weight vest on me. This time I got them done pretty well, and couple more rounds would have probably gone ub too.

Box jumps were good, same with the ghd's. Got them unbroken as well. I tried to bring my hands to the pads my sliding them closer to my body. I reckoned Jonne Koski was doing this style in the Meridian Regionals last weekend. I've brought my hands straight up which is maybe not the most efficient and less consuming way to do it. This movement is something I considering being pretty good at so it didn't bring any problems.


Metcon recap

Row.
  • Row for 4 kilometer
  • Easy pace
This was just for flushing legs, and get fluids running in my body. Pace was slow, I basically turned the monitor up so I would not see it. Just rowed for some time for recovery purposes. Pace was somewhere over 2:00 per 500 meters. Mobility and stretching took place after rowing.



No comments:

Post a Comment