Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sunday 7.6: Snatch, Long emom

Sunday. Technique, snatch. Workout, emom x 28min, 1st: 12 kb swing (28kg), 2nd: 10 burpee box, 3rd: 10m walking lunges (50kg), 4th: 12 ghd.

We spent the day in the nature. There is this place called Seurasaari which is beautiful in the summer time. I have actually been there only once before but it sure is a cool place. In the evening I had plenty of time to hang around at the gym so it was a long warm-up before touching the barbell. Snatch technique and another long emom style workout for the weekend. Below are some pics from Seurasaari.








Technique.
  • Snatch
Focus was on keeping the bar close to body, have the weights light, and analyze the foot work. It seemed difficult for me to go low enough. I can do overhead squats with butt way below parallel but in the very deepest position my spine takes a short bend so that's not the depth I'm looking for right now. But I'd like to see myself drop below parallel on snatches anyway.








Workout.

  • Every minute on the minute x 28 minutes
  • 1st min: 12 kettlebell swing, 28kg
  • 2nd min: 10 burpee box jump
  • 3rd min: 10 meter walking lunges (50kg), barbell in back rack
  • 4th min: 12 ghd sit-ups
This was not fun. Couldn't find the 2-pood bell so I had 28kg instead. Not a big difference but I'd like to move the 32kg bell most of the times. This element together with ghd's were the "easiest" of this one. Burpee boxes and lunges were a bad ass combo.


My pace remained identical for all 7 rounds. It just started to feel nastier and nastier every round but mental games was there so I was able to keep up the pace. It took 20-30 seconds to finish swings and ghd's. Not quite sure about the lunges but burpee boxes took about 30 seconds. Those must have been the longest portion of this workout.


Here's a recap of all work being done this Sunday. Actually it was fun =)

No comments:

Post a Comment