Saturday, July 11, 2020

Friday 10.7: Clean, Jerk, Lunges, Burpees + Badminton

Friday. AM. Intervals, every 4:00 for 5 sets: 6 hang power clean, 6 push jerk, 12 reverse lunges, 12 burpees. Barbell @ 60kg. PM. Badminton

This was quite an active day. After breakfast we went for a 1 hour walk with the family. This was my last day at work before summer leave so I still had to tie some loose knots. Lunch wod consisted of intervals. After work we went to Klaukkala's track and field training area with all the kids. And in the evening we went to play badminton with Tuomas, my boss.





Wod.
  • Intervals, every 4:00, for 5 sets of:
  • 6 hang power clean @ 60kg
  • 6 push jerk @ 60kg
  • 12 reverse lunges @ 60kg
  • 12 burpees
I went outdoors for a quick workout, and had no idea what to do. I hurt my index finger and middle finger on my left hand the last time we played badminton, that is on Wednesday. As I reached for the ball or feather or whatever the thing is called what you're hitting, I lost my balance, slipped and fell to my left on those two fingers. So they basically sprained but nothing serious. On Thursday as I woke it was difficult to stretch those fingers and I saw some swelling there but on Friday the situation was clearly better.




So I tested how it feels to grab a barbell and witnessed no problems there. First thought was to do some rowing / ring dip style workout but barbell felt good in my hands so why not hit it. Each of those intervals took me some 1:30 - 1:35  every time I looked at the clock. The story is always the same. This time was no different. Cleans and jerks went by nicely. Lunges was the first time where I started to feel the burn in my body. Surely that barbell cycling made me breath heavier but lunges made my lower body burn. Going for those burpees at the end sealed the deal perfectly. I think this was written perfectly for today.




Badminton.
  • For 1 hour
The little pain in my left hand was no biggie as I'm a rightie, and hold the racket with my right arm. So it was the 5th time this July in 10 days. We have really found the rhytm on this one and the games are more and more classy. Lots of quality game, and we are both rather equal skill-wise. It's also great that my playmate doesn't lose his conditioning so the level stays good throughout the 1 hour session.






No comments:

Post a Comment