Monday, July 27, 2020

Sunday 26.7: Squat, Tb2, Box step-ups

Sunday. For 6 rounds of: 10 back squat @ 60kg, 15 t2b. For 4 rounds of: 8 box step-ups @ 2x25kg db

On Sunday I once again spent the day outdoors at home doing different kinds of yard work, cutting bushes, shoveling stuff and cleaning up. It took me all day to finish my goals. Still, I needed to get the barbell on my back for some squats. I was hoping to hit a bit heavier weights but left knee is still feeling it so I went light on these.




Workout.
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 10 back squat @ 60kg
  • 15 toes-to-bar's
I just needed to move. No stress over the clock. Just did the work, focused on good movement patterns. Back squats were light. I have been neglecting heavy squats due to this knee issue lately so I'm missing good ol' squats to take place.

T2b's for 15 reps per set was definitely doable. Hands / Palms got a bit sore for some unknown reason but I still knocked these unbroken. This was a good activation. Not hard core metcon nor strength session. Just work being put in.



Accessory.
  • 4 sets of:
  • 8 single leg box step-ups @ 2x25kg dumbbells in front rack position
Some accessory work to strengthen lower body. It's kind of uncomfortable to have those dumbbells in front rack position so that definitely had its effect on those step-ups. I had the box at 50cm height so not the regular 60cm. I did these so that I alternated each after every rep. That means 4 per each leg.





No comments:

Post a Comment