Saturday, July 4, 2020

Thursday 2.7: Squat clean, T2b + Badminton

Thursday. AM. Squat clean, build up (result, 110kg). Squat clean Emom x 10 @ 100kg. Amrap 12min: 3 squat clean @ 90kg, 15 t2b. Result, 6 rounds + 10 t2b. PM: Badminton

It was about to hit it heavy. Heavy squat cleans all day. Loved it. Pretty much my favorite movement. Carried the gym matt to the driveway and started moving the barbell. This session was written as it proceeded. My goal was just to move the barbell and enjoy life.




Oly.
  • Squat clean, build up to a heavy max for the day (60, 70, 80, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110kg)
  • Emom x 10 minutes: 1 squat clean @ 100kg
Those cleans felt good all the way. Kind of heavy in the beginning but that changed quickly and I found my mojo and the barbell got lighter even though I added weight on it. I am extremely happy on finally hitting 110 kilos even though I haven't basically squatted in a month or so due to that nagging back pain.


My first thought over the emom workout was to do it at around 90kg. Then, on the other hand, I figured I just lifted 110kg so maybe 100kg could make the deal. Took the first lift and knew this is it. I'm super proud of being able to lift all those 10 reps without problems.


Amrap 12. Result, 6 rounds + 10 t1b
  • 3 squat clean @ 90kg
  • 15 toes-to-bar's
This was a cool workout. And it burned core in the process. I took all those cleans as singles, lifted the bar, dropped it, lifted it again. The bar was a weight I could manhandle nicely. On the t2b's I went unbroken for the first 3 rounds, then cut them to something like 11+4, 8+4+3 etc. Tried to keep the pace and breathing heavy throughout the 12 minutes and not give any slack to myself.


Twins 


Conditioning.
  • Badminton
In the evening it was good to get some active recovery in the form of badminton. I really feel like this is balancing my training greatly.





No comments:

Post a Comment