Thursday, July 16, 2020

Tuesday 14.7: Hspu

Tuesday. 1min on, 1min off, for 12 minutes: hspu.

We went for a full day travel to a beautiful city of Porvoo this Tuesday. The weather was promised to be great and the scenery in this old town is awesome.It's a tradition to go there once a year in the summer time. This time we had the in-laws with us. I was worn out from the trip after we got the twins to bed in the evening but somehow found a little bit of energy to go to my own gym outdoors.


Workout.
  • 1min on, 1min off, for 12 minutes / 6 sets
  • Handstand push-ups
  • Result, 24 + 20 + 16+ 16+ 17 + 16 = Total of 109 reps
I thought I'd bench a little but that plan went to trash bin as my 4-year old wanted to do something on her own on that bench. No biggie, daddy figures something else out. Hspu's came to my head the first thing. This plan formed in the seconds to come. One minute of work, and one minute of rest. Same movement. I have never this workout on handstand push-ups.



First set was obviously the easiest. I didn't push myself to the extreme limit. That would not have been the smartest decision considering the reps to come and the short recoveries between sets. That recovery felt quite short, especially towards the end. But it was a good ratio for sure.



Number of reps dropped obviously and settled around 16 reps on the last 4 of them. Definitely not an easy one but I'm happy I was able to maintain some decent level of handstand push-ups through the course of the workout. And I'm very happy that I did go to the gym after a rough day. It usually pays off




No comments:

Post a Comment